Saturday, January 21

Dad..I Wish You Were Here

I wish that I could cause the sun
To warm the world with love
Remove the clouds a moment
To reveal the stars above


I wish that I could wipe my tear
From the corner of my eye
Bring happiness for my sorrow
Bring a smile for my sigh


I wish that I could better things
Put hope within my heart
I wish that I were able
To make my dream come true
I wish I could - I wish I could
make all these things for myself


My loved one has gone
the pain is beyond tears and words
No-one can release me from the torment that remains
Life becomes a torturous sentence 
and the realization that grief is the price of love


There are things I have that I can’t see,
Things that change inside of me.
I search each dark corner
hoping, just hoping, for a healing beam of light
Tell me, what is it like when the bottom falls out of your world?
When life ceases to have any meaning
when your heart breaks in two
and there seems no reason to go on


But it’s the fact; life has to move on…


I miss you dad..




No comments: